Giving the best possible care to the patients hold the utmost importance in any health care institution. However, there are many homebound patients as well as patients living far away from the healthcare facility, for whom reaching out to an expert medical physician becomes too much of a hassle.
The introduction of video conferencing diagnostic techniques has made the assessment of such patients easy and convenient. With the help of video conferencing technology, a patient from any part of the world can contact a diagnostic physician easily from the comfort of their home.
There are many cases when the patient has to be moved around from one medical facility to the other to consult different specialists. This innovative technology has also proved to be beneficial in such a scenario as the different specialists can collaborate over video conference in spite of being physically present in different parts of the world.
Benefits of Video Conferencing Technology in Healthcare
- This technology helps the bedridden patients and also the ones who are located in remote areas. Such patients cannot physically travel each time they have a minor health issue. It would consume a lot of time as well as money. Video conferencing is as simple as calling someone on the phone and it goes a long way in helping such patients.
- Same as the patients need not travel every time they face a medical problem, the doctors also needn’t travel from one place to other. This saves them a lot of time which they can dedicate in treating other patients as well.
The concerned doctor can examine the physical state of the patient and judge the severity of the situation. After this, a necessary treatment can be prescribed.
- The training of the medical specialists can also be improved to great extent through this method. The doctors would not be required to gather in one room for hours together. They can either attend such training sessions through the video conferencing technique or they can even record the whole event and play it later.
- The best medical specialists are not necessarily present in the same area or hospital. Such great minds can be reached out within seconds with the help of video conferencing. They can advise about the medical procedures and can also assess the physical state of the patient through this technique.
- Generally, young and inexperienced surgeons are made to view and emulate ongoing surgeries to learn about the different techniques involved in carrying out a medical procedure. This expands their knowledge base.
This method has a lot of drawbacks as only a limited number of people can be allowed for viewing and examining the surgical procedure. The surgical arena may also get polluted due to too many people inside the room.
Video conferencing is the best alternative in such a scenario where multiple people can view and study the ongoing surgical procedure without causing any hassle.
- In case a patient is an emergency situation and is not in a state to physically move and reach a medical facility, the video conferencing technique can go a long way in saving their lives. In such an emergency crisis, the concerned doctor can provide a real-time temporary solution to keep the patient safe until help arrives.
Video conferencing has effectively improved the medical facilities to a large extent by making the specialist diagnosis and treatment possible from anywhere and everywhere. Since a number of patients can be assessed with the help of this technique, it provides a natural boost to any healthcare facility which makes use of this innovation.